In a previous post of mine I explained how you can make a dotted curved line in Photoshop. But how about if you want to make growing dots line or squares or other shapes that keep getting bigger in size along the path you made for them. If you don’t know what i mean, look at the picture below which explains better what I want to achieve:
So let’s get started.
Part 1 – Growing dots line in Photoshop – Making the path
1. First thing to do is to make a path on which you will add later the dots (or other shapes). Select Pen Tool from the Toolbar or press “P”.
2. Activate the Paths button on the Properties bar.
3. Draw a line..straight, curved, as you like. I made mine curved.
4. Go to Paths tab, double click the path newly formed and give it a name.
5. Go to Layers tab and make new layer on which we will have later the line with growing dots. You can make this faster by pressing SHIFT+CTRL+N.
Part 2 – Growing dots line in Photoshop – Making the dots
6. Select the Brush Tool from the Toolbar or press “B”.
7. Go to Window – Brush or just press “F5”.
8. Choose a Hard Round Brush from the Brush Tip Shape. I used a 9 Hard Round Brush. Of course, you can use any shape you like.
9. Change the size to 20 px and the spacing to 130%.
10. Go to Shape Dynamics, choose Fade from the Control drop down list. Near it, put a value of 25, or one that suits your shape by looking in the preview, at the bottom of the window. Let the minimum diameter at 0%. Of course, you can change that if the preview doesn’t please you.
11. Go to Paths and right click on the path created before. Hit Stroke Path. To not see the line anymore along the dots, if it still apears, just click outside the path, in the paths window. So here is the the growing dots line that resulted:
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Growing dots line in Photoshop - How to make growing dots along a path in Photoshop?,