In a previous post of mine I explained how you can make a dotted curved line in Photoshop. But how about if you want to make growing dots line or squares or other shapes that keep getting bigger in size along the path you made for them. If you don’t know what i mean, look at the picture below which explains better what I want to achieve:
Part 1 – Growing dots line in Photoshop – Making the path
1. First thing to do is to make a path on which you will add later the dots (or other shapes). Select Pen Tool from the Toolbar or press “P”.
2. Activate the Paths button on the Properties bar.
4. Go to Paths tab, double click the path newly formed and give it a name.
5. Go to Layers tab and make new layer on which we will have later the line with growing dots. You can make this faster by pressing SHIFT+CTRL+N.
Part 2 – Growing dots line in Photoshop – Making the dots
6. Select the Brush Tool from the Toolbar or press “B”.
7. Go to Window – Brush or just press “F5”.
8. Choose a Hard Round Brush from the Brush Tip Shape. I used a 9 Hard Round Brush. Of course, you can use any shape you like.
9. Change the size to 20 px and the spacing to 130%.